Friday, October 17, 2014

September Petit Vour Box Product Review

This month I received my first EVER Petit Vour Beauty Box! Each month the cost is $15 and you'll receive 4-6 cruelty-free and vegan products.The items featured in the Petit Vour boxes are "higher end" and usually made with natural ingredients. In the October Petit Vour box I received lip gloss, nail polish, leave-in conditioner, and face scrub. 

Two of my favorite things: cruelty-free and vegan products & my fur-baby. 

 Here is the contents of my Petit Vour Beauty Box for September!

This is Yarok leave-in conditioner which is supposed to "protect ends with this nutritious, leave-in spray, packed with vitamins, minerals, and essential oils that nourish hair prior to blow drying and heat styling". This is a full-size, 2 oz. bottle which retails for $13.20. I do not typically use heat on my hair, but on the bottle there are instructions for using this product as a detangler. I have very long, fine, curly hair, so tangles and knots are something I am far too familiar with. I washed and towel dried my hair, then sprayed this throughout my hair from root to end. I let it sit for about 15 minutes and then separated and brushed through my hair. I did notice my hair begin to separate with an ease that most likely would have not been present had I not used this spray. I can see myself purchasing this product—in a much larger volume—because I used nearly 1/3 of this bottle in one application. For someone with shorter, thinner hair (than myselfwhich is probably most people) the smaller bottle should last a while. The scent is a very refreshing citrus. It smelled clean and didn't leave any residue in my hair once it dried. 
INGREDIENTS: vitamin aqua (water), Simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, Olea europaea (olive) oil, Vitis vinifera (grapeseed) oil, Prunus armeniaca (apricot) oil, Oenothera biennis (primrose) oil, plant sourced kosher vegan xanthan gum & potassium sorbate; essential oils of: Rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) & Litsea cubeba (may chang)

I am a huge fan of nail polish, so when I saw this super cute, bubble gum pink color, I squeeled. It is described as a "creamy, dreamy, cotton candy pink". LVX products are formulated without using Formaldehyde, Formaldehyde Resin, DBT, Toluene, or Camphor. Their products are cruelty-free and vegan. It doesn't get much better than that! This is a full-sized bottle in the color Lolli, which retails for $16.

All I have to say is, YAY FOR ELLOVI!!! I have been a huge fan of theirs ever since I first used their body butter earlier this year. You can read my review right here. I do own several of my own Ellovi lip butter sticks and I have replaced my previous stock of EOS with them. However, I have never tried the tinted variations. And once again, they did not disappoint! This lip butter goes on smooth and creamy with a subtle hint of color. I was impressed by the soft pink hue it left behind. I might actually prefer this over the clear lip butter. I am not one who typically uses lipstick or wears color on my lips, but I do really enjoy the simplicity and hydration this tinted butter offers. One tube retails for $5 and the best part is: it is made with ONLY 6 ingredients!!! I adore products that are all-natural, especially when they actually work! 
INGREDIENTS: Macadamian Nut, Coconut, Marula, Hemp Seed, Shea, and Alkanet (a Medditeranian flower used for tint).

I have heard many great things about Root Science, but I have never used it myself. I received a half-sized RS Face Scrub. This full-sized item (3.8 oz) retails for $40. This gentile exfoliating powder claims to "renew, resurface, and brighten" skin. I was definitely intrigued when I took the cap off and revealed the grainy powder inside. I didn't notice much of a smell and I was curious how this powder would exfoliate my skin. My go-to face scrub contains salt crystals and feels more like it is buffing my skin, but after I rinse it off my face often feels stripped and raw. This Root Science scrub surprised me! I poured the powder in my hand and mixed it with some water to create somewhat of a paste. I rubbed it over my face as directed and once I rinsed it off I couldn't believe how soft my skin felt! My face was smooth without feeling dry. I can see myself purchasing this product and only using it about once a week to prolong the shelf life. 
INGREDIENTS: Sodium Bicarbonate**, Prunus Dulcis (Almond) Meal*, Mentha Spicata (Spearmint) leaf*, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint) leaf*, Kaolin Clay**, Maranta Arundinacea (Arrowroot) Root*, Bentonite Clay**, Citrus Sinensis (Orange) Peel*, Azadirachta Indica (Neem) Leaf*, Ulmus Rubra (Slipper Elm) Bark*, Althaea Officinalis (Marshmallow) Root*, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Bean*.

No comments:

Post a Comment