Wednesday, November 12, 2014

October Petit Vour Beauty Box Review

I am LOVING everything I received in the October Petit Vour Beauty Box!!! The camera on my phone is terrible, but I tried to get the most detailed photos as possible. (And yes, they were taken on my leg... J) This box had five different items to try out and I enjoyed using each and every one!

 I'll start with my favorite item: Schmitdt's Natural Deodorant in the scent BERGAMOT & LIME. I have been using a crystal stick deodorant for about a year and half now (you can read my previous review: here). I have seen several different types of vegan cream deodorant on various websites, but it never appealed to me. I had some idea in my head that it would stay wet-feeling in my armpits... I have been using this sample for the past three days and I am impressed! The smell is a light citrus and is not overwhelming (which I appreciate). I don't sweat very much and I am not a stinky person, but I do notice this deodorant keeps my underarms smelling fresh and feeling soft. To use, you simply dip your fingertips in the product and rub in your armpit. This is the same consistency as the typical deodorant sticks by Arrid or Secret that you purchase at the store. This is a .5 oz travel size tub, but the 2 oz size retails for $9 on their website. My only wish is that it came in a stick form. I find myself having to dig my nail into the contents of the tub to use it. It isn't creamy enough to rub your fingers across the top and use it that way—which I prefer because if it were too creamy it would probably remain wet. I have already purchased a full size version of this product that I plan to use instead of my crystal for a while to see if I prefer it over a longer period.
Ingredients: Butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), Sodium bicarbonate (baking soda), Maranta arundinacea (arrowroot) powder, Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, Citrus bergamia (bergamot) essential oil, Citrus aurantifolia (lime) essential oil, Tocopherol (vitamin E), Humulus lupulus (hop) extract

This Eau de Parfum fragrance by Forager in the scent NECTAR is a breath of fresh air. This particular scent is floral, fruity, and smells of nature. It reminds me of a watercolor painting of a dewy field, full of beautiful fruit trees and flower bushes. The vial is a small sample size—which is only good for a single use—I wish there would have been a bit more so I could have used it, maybe twice, to determine more in depth feelings for the product. The scent is very light and because of that I did feel that it wore off in just a few short hours. For a full size 2 oz bottle of this perfume you'll pay $98. I do appreciate that the wooden caps are handmade by a local artisan in New York and they offer a discount on the perfume if you refill a previous bottle.
Ingredients: *no information provided on website*

This WILD MINT flavored body butter by Flo + Theo is bold, fresh, and stimulating. I recently used my sample on a healing tattoo and I was satisfied with the results. It is slightly more oily than lotion, but it is also more moisturizing for the skin. I believe the sample I received is 1 oz, but the 4 oz size retails for $28. It smells of fresh mint and herbs. It feels very clean and produces a sort of calming affect just from the smell alone. This particular product is more "powdery" than the body butter I am obsessed with by Ellovi, but I do enjoy it and would consider purchasing a full-sized tub. 
Ingredients: shea butter, cocoa butter, cocnut oil, essential oils, and vitamin A. 

I have been putting oil in my hair since I was about 13 years old. I started with a oil called BioSilk which would leave my hair feeling greesy if I applied too much. Recently I have been using Kitoko oil, but I don't think the brand I buy from is cruelty-free or vegan. I have been wondering what I was going to do once my supply diminished. I found my answer in this Petit Vour box! This cruelty-free and vegan Argan Oil by Lavina Skincare is 100% pure and organic pressed oil. I used a small amount of this oil in the ends the other night and my hair felt softer and did not feel greasy. I am not sure what size the small vial was that I received, but the 2 oz bottle retails for $35. I will most definitely be purchasing this once my supply is finished.
Ingredients: *no additional information provided on website*

Last, but certainly not least, is a lipstick by Pacifica in REBEL SOL. I love to do my makeup, but I typically focus on dramaticizing my eyes. I am not much of a lipstick girl, but I am a fan of this lip color. Rebel Sol is an intense coral shade that is both creamy and hydrating. I was astonished at how long-lasting this lipstick is. It was on my lips for a couple hours before fading and unlike most lipsticks that stay on for extended periods of time, it did not dry out my lips. This is a full size lipstick that retails for $14. I use other Pacifica products (face wash, make-up removal clothes, etc.) and I am a fan! They provide a line of gentle products that work great, smell great, are 100% vegan, and 100% cruelty-free—PLUS they are available at so many stores! What's not to like?!?!
Ingredients: oleic/linoleic/linolenic polyglycerides (from sunflower oil), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter, diiostearyl malate, caprylic/capric triglyceride (from coconut oil), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) esters, simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, euphorbia chinensis (candelilla) wax, cetyl alcohol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, flavor oil (all natural), tocopherol (vitamin E). May contain: melia azadirachta fruit extract, mica, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, tin oxide, vaccinium macrocarpon fruit (cranberry) extract, coccinia indica flower extract, daucus carota sativa root (carrot) extract, lycopersicum fruit (tomato) extract, and beta vulgaris (beetroot) extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment