Monday, November 3, 2014

October Vegan Cuts Beauty Box Review

The October Vegan Cuts Beauty Box has some intriguing new finds in it. Me and my vegan treats did a little pumpkin photo shoot to show off the goods! Here is a preview of the box before I dug in:


First up, we have a nail polish by Floss Gloss in the warm shade, Donatella. This polish is 4-free and retails for $8.00 for a 0.18 fl oz bottle. The color is rich and creamy with a hint of sparkle. I think I am going to use this as my Thanksgiving manicure color. It reminds me of pumpkin pie and Cinnamon. 


Next, we have this Coffee Bean-illa body scrub from Lovinah. I received a "deluxe sample" that is 1 oz. This product retails for $45 in a 8 oz container. Upon opening the small jar, I was greeted with the fragrant aroma of coffee. I was actually surprised coffee wasn't one of the first ingredients listed because of how strong the scent was. I personally did not pickup any undertones of vanilla. I am not a coffee drinker, but I do enjoy the smell. (In fact, my favorite shave oil is coffee scented and you can read my rave review about it here!) This particular scrub claims to detox and exfoliate skin, all while moisturizing with ingredients like Shea butter and sunflower seed oil. While using this scrub in the shower, I couldn't help but feel like I was rubbing myself down with actual coffee grinds. The contents looks like what is left in your coffee pot after a fresh cup is brewed. This scrub did gently exfoliate my skin; however, it isn't my favorite out of the many variations I have tried. I enjoyed the sample and will use all that I have left, but this won't be my "go-to" exfoliant. 


Third, we have Joy Juice serum by Lotus Wei. This product is designed to "dissolve negative feelings and inspire an overall sense of wellness". It is made up of mostly flowers and has a light rosey smell. I received a 10 ml vial worth about $10. The full size bottle, 50 ml, retails for $50.00. This serum came with an instruction pamphlet explaining its uses and benefits. I have used this oil-like substance twice now. As directed, I applied a small amount to my stomach and bottoms of my feet before bed. I did enjoy a restful night sleep both nights, but I am not entirely convinced that was not a coincidence. I am not typically drawn to "flower alchemy", but I know much of its power lies in ones mood and attitude, so I am going to continue using it with an open mind, until it is gone, and see if I notice any results. I am always on the look-out for anything to help me to sleep better and relax. 


Lastly, I received a deluxe travel set of Hylunia skin care products. Included was a facial day lotion, facial cleansing gel, night treatment, and healing & soothing cream. I have tried the night treatment and cleansing gel, so far and both were slightly watery... I will continue to use them and see I notice a difference in my skins appearance. I will say though, I woke up this morning and my skin did feel a bit softer. I am not table to find this exact set available for purchase on Hylunia's website, but supposedly it sells for $35.00. This line is paraben and phosphate free and claims to fight aging, acne, redness, and dryness without clogging pores. I will continue using this set until it's gone and then evaluate my skin!

No comments:

Post a Comment