Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Shave Oil

Like most women, I have spent my life shaving with whatever shave gel/cream was available at my local Target. I have used everything from Barbasol purchased at the dollar store to the fancy Gillette gel that turns into foam. Although these products get the job done, I never felt like any of them nurtured or protected my skin. Often times my skin feels even more dry after shaving and I am forced to overcompensate with lotion.

I have exceptionally sensitive skin on my face and bodyprone to breakout in a rash at the slightest hint of synthetic fragrance. I must always be careful what I put on my skin to avoid those patchy, red bumps.

One of the items featured in the July Vegan Cuts box was body oil by Savvy Boheme. I have tried shaving with baby oil before, but I found it very messy and unpleasant.
The label suggested the oil could be used:
*to add fragrance to bathwater
*as a skin moisturizer
*as a shave oil
*a facial cleanser
*and more

I couldn't wait to give it a try and once I did I was IN LOVE. First, the smell is invigorating with a strong scent of coffee and subtle undertones of vanilla and orange. It smells fresh and awakens your senses. Second, the consistency is slightly thicker than baby oil, so it lingers on the skin a bit longer which makes rubbing it in much easier. It doesn't leave a slick, greasy residue behind either. It actually absorbs into the skin rather nicely. Third, a little goes a long way! One small squirt is all it takes to cover my entire arm or half of my leg. It leaves my skin feeling soft, smooth, and moisturized even after I rinse it off in the shower. Finally, they have stellar customer service! They respond to questions and inquiries immediately and make it obvious that they put their customers first. I would recommend this product to anyone who wants to break free from the standard shaving creams/foams/gels. It's all about the oil, baby! 

No comments:

Post a Comment