Thursday, January 15, 2015

Clovis, CA

Today I am reminiscing about the first week of the new year! My hubby and I took a little road trip from Orange County to Clovis, CA. Recently my best friend, her fiance, and daughter moved up north and extended an offer for us to stay with them. On the way we stopped at a truck-stop diner called the Iron Skillet. The food was terrible, but the atmosphere was entertaining. 



Right over the fence, in the backyard, live the cutest clan of cows. We fed them branches and leaves and they were so excited! The land is so vast behind the house, so I am not sure whom these sweet creatures belong to.



This is one of my favorite people on the planet!


The first morning we spent in Clovis, we visited an amazing Parisian cafe. We ate omelets with french loaf bread and these decadent macaroons. The flavors are chocolate, blueberry, and raspberry.



Here are two of three furbabies that occupy their household: Jango the feline and Jake the Husky. 



My bestie and I enjoyed a relaxing massage containing hot stones and oil. I never thought that one of the best massages of my life would have been in a small farming town like Clovis.


We have been friends for nearly 20 years! I am so grateful for the beautiful friendship we have had throughout our lifetime. So many memories, experiences, and great times!


We spent a few hours at an outdoor shooting range brushing up on our target practice. 




Of course our mini-vacation wouldn't have been complete without a trip to the local roller skating rink. It was NOTHING fancy, but it was a lot of fun!


We spent a day at the Sequoia National Park which is home to the largest tree (by mass) in the world. Mark carved our initials into this fallen tree stump.




On our way home from a dreamy stay-cation, we stopped to eat at Brooks Ranch. It is a cute diner filled with all kinds of comfort food. It wasn't the best I've ever had, but it sure beat the Iron Skillet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment