Thursday, January 29, 2015

January Vegan Cuts Beauty Box Review

Starting the new year off fresh with new products is always joyful! I enjoy receiving my monthly box subscriptions because I love variety that comes in each one. Plus, I get to experiment with new brands and new items that I may have never found in a local store. The January box has a great mash-up of products to kick-start the new year off in style! 


DermOrganic included a 2 oz shampoo sample and a 2 oz hair masque sample. I used the hair masque like a conditioner—leaving it to soak in while I washed my body, face, etc. Both items were thicker than average shampoo/conditioner duos. These felt more like lotions while I was applying them. Surprisingly, they both lathered very well. The shampoo had more of an organic, natural, grainy scent and the masque had a light floral aroma. Overall, I was extremely happy with the way these products worked with my hair. Once my hair air-dried it did not feel weighed down or oily like some fragrant, paraffin-filled products have left my hair in the past. Since my hair is so long, thick and curly, I used about half of each bottle for a single shower. They sell a 33.8 oz bottle of the shampoo and conditioner for $35 each and the same size of the hair masque for $40. I will definitely be ordering this set once my current duo is gone! 

Ingredients: (Shampoo) Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Aqua/Eau/Water, Disodium Cocoyl Glutamate, Decyl Glucoside, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cetearyl Glucoside, Methyl Gluceth-20, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Rice Amino Acids, PCA, Panthenol B5, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract*, Propanediol (All Natural)/Phenethyl Alcohol/Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance (Hair Masque) Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe) Leaf Juice*, Aqua/Eau/Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Behenamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Stearyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, PCA, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Methyl Gluceth-20, Rice Amino Acids, Panthenol B5, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Propanediol (All Natural)/Phenethyl Alcohol/Benzoic Acid, Parfum/Fragrance 

Gourmet and Body Treats is brand I have used before. I've purchased their raw finishing powder from Vegan Cuts last year and I enjoyed it. This sugar & spice body scrub smells equivalent to what I would imagine an enchanted forest to smell like. I experienced a strong scent of coffee, cloves, and black pepper with an undertone of sweet sugar. This scrub gets clumped up and requires a good shake before using it. This 2 oz tub retails for $7 and could probably be used multiple times—if used sparingly. I used the entire amount in one shower (after I finished shaving), but I used it to exfoliate my whole body (arms, neck, shoulders, underarms, stomach, back, legs, and feet). I poured a small amount into my hands, added a little water, and rubbed them together. This scrub left my skin feeling incredibly soft and rejuvenated. 

Ingredients: Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Coffee, Organic Pumpkin Oil, Cucumber Hydrosol, Organic Coconut Oil, Calendula Extract, Green Tea leaf extract, Vanilla Eo, Organic Cinnamon Eo, Organic Lemon Eo, Organic Orange Eo, Organic Lime Hydrosol.

Modern Minerals is a new brand to me and I was excited to try this eyeshadow! I enjoy spending time doing my makeup for a night out and I usually focus on exaggerating my eyes. I love experimenting with new shades and pigments. The shade I received is called Sakura which is perfect for highlighting or to use as a base. This eyeshadow is a long-lasting, loose mineral consistency with a frosty shimmer and subtle pink undertone. A .17 oz jar retails for $12.50 and since a little goes a long way, this shade could last a long time.

Ingredients: Mica (CI77019), titanium dioxide (CI77891),Tin Oxide (CI778161), Iron Oxide (CI774991)

The surprise nail lacquer I received is from Color Club in the shade Snow Queen. This deep, rich shade of violet retails for $8.50 for a .5 oz bottle. Color Club offers more than 250 shades of polish ranging from the darkest blacks to the brightest neons. I look forward to trying out more of their shades in the future. All of their products are made in New York and are 5 free!


Crazy Rumors is a brand that I have been reading about for months, but have never had the opportunity to try. Included in my Vegan Cuts box was a full-size .09 oz HibisKiss tinted lip balm in the shade Tropical which retails for $4.99. This balm goes on smoothly, leaves my lips feeling soft, and leaves a light stain on my lip even after it has worn off. My favorite part has to be the scent/flavor because it is so powerful and fruity! This is a great product to toss in your purse and have on hand whenever you need a quick touch-up.

Ingredients: Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia) Oil, *Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil *Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) Fruit, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Non GMO Glycine Soja (Soybean) Wax, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Natural Flavors, Tocopherol (Vit E), Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Eupatorium Rebaudianum Bertoni (Stevia) Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxide *Organic

No comments:

Post a Comment