Monday, September 8, 2014

The First Weekend of September

As usual, Mark and I had a busy weekend spending time with friends and family. I started my weekend off right by leaving work a little early, so I could go home and cuddle my dogs. I sat down and watched a movie while these two big cuddle monsters made my legs fall asleep.

#dalmatiandogpile

When Mark got home from work, we got ready and met two of our favorite people for a sushi date at Sushi Boom on Chapman in Orange. We are so lucky that our friends Brian and Jen Jen share the same intense love for sushi that we do. And of course, no Japanese meal would be complete without tempera Oreos and green tea ice cream. 




Mark treated me to an early lunch on Saturday. We walked to Arthur's while our tires were being rotated on both cars. It was nice to sit and chat over a nice meal—on a weekend. Since we have been together Mark has worked Saturdays. He was finally able to quite his Saturday job and now he only works side jobs, which leaves him more time to spend with me. J




After doing all of my wifely duties on Saturday afternoon (laundry, dusting, organizing, etc.), I treated myself to a mani/pedi duo at my favorite nail salon, Lee Nail Spa at the Orange Mall. I went with a classic white to brighten up my week!


Later that evening Mark and I attended a surprise birthday dinner for Mary, Mark's mom. Their good friends Brad and Linda held a dinner party at their house for 20 of Mary's closest friends and family. 






Sunday we spent the day at the Santa Ana Zoo where we celebrated Daniella's 2nd birthday! Daniella is the daughter of my high school BFF. She is obviously super busy raising a toddler, so it was great to catch up and enjoy each others company. 











Needless to say, we were exhausted by the time Sunday night came around. We were so excited to be part of two special birthday celebrations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment