Monday, August 18, 2014

Desperado

"So often times it happens that we live our lives in chains and we never even know we have the key."

Every year since I can remember my family has taken a summer trip to Laughlin, AZ aka THE RIVER. Our family looks forward to this vacation all year! It's a week out of our lives where we can sit in the water, on a secluded beach, drinking, eating, and laughing without a worry in the world. This year we saw signage for an Eagles tribute band called Desperado. Since my father and I are avid Eagles enthusiasts, we jumped at the opportunity to dance and sing along to some of our favorite tunes. Not to mention, we could have seen Desperado 50 times for what we'd paid to see the Eagles earlier this year... 

We settled into the table that we shared with our fellow music patrons, none of which were under the age of 60, and skeptically waited to see what was in store. We were blown away!

After hearing that they were from Orange County I attempted to stalk them via the interweb, but came up empty handed. I did not give up and thanks to my relentless searching I was able to find tickets to see them at a local venue called the Coach House just a few months later. 

Friday night was the big night! Mark and I accompanied my parents, my uncle and his girlfriend to the Coach House to see Desperado. Once again, they did not disappoint! *I can't say the same for the food...* Before the concert the band members were walking around, greeting the audience, which was pretty rad because we got to speak with two of them and I got to nag about their lack of marketing. They went on stage at about 9:30pm and played until close to midnight. The amount of detail they've put into recreating these infamous classic rock songs is incredible. Each band member plays an equally important part that brings new life into these vintage chart-toppers. Here are a few photos from our night:


#desperado #coachhouse

#lovewillkeepusalive

#brotherlylove #mydadsheadisfloating #toomanybucketsofbeer

#hotelcalifornia

"Don't you draw the queen of diamonds boy; she'll beat you if she's able. You know the queen of hearts is always your best bet."

No comments:

Post a Comment