Thursday, August 28, 2014

Roasted Pepper & Chicken Teriyaki Brown Rice Bowl (with vegetarian option)

This is one of the easiest meals to create! It is healthy, flavorful, and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare.

First, I stuck two half-frozen chicken breasts in a large pan and put them on the stove with a lid so they would begin to cook and thaw. I then began to cut my (clean) veggies into bite-size chunks. I also started a pot of brown rice and let it slowly cook in the background.

I started with a green chili:


Then I cut up an orange pepper and a jalapeno:


Next, I cut up a red, green, and yellow pepper to add to the mix:


Once the chicken started to defrost and cook, I pulled it off the oven and cut it into slices:


I put the peppers in a different large pan and roasted them on the stove with a little bit of oil:


I added a mixture of teriyaki and soy sauce to the chicken and the vegetables just to give it a little zing. After everything has been thoroughly cooked I put rice in two bowls and for my dinner I only added the veggies:


For Mark's dinner I added the veggies and chicken:


You're welcomed to add sauce or seasoning to your liking. This dinner is super easy for those nights you get home late and want to whip up something healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment