Monday, August 25, 2014

Toothbrush & Toothpaste

When converting to 100% cruelty-free and vegan products earlier this year, I was nervous about switching from my traditional toothpaste to something more natural. I was worried the new toothpaste would leave an unwelcome taste in my mouth and not give me that burst of minty freshness that I have become accustom to. I turned to the world wide web for suggestions on switching and after reading several different forums, I made my decision. I do prefer to keep my pearly whites, white, so I decided to try Natures Gate Whitening Gel Toothpaste. The flavor is mild in comparison to most sugary name-brand toothpastes, but it leaves my teeth feeling clean with no lingering aftertaste. As for my toothbrush, I have never been particularly finicky. My only specification is that it must have ultra soft bristles because I have gum degeneration caused by years of brushing too hard with a firm toothbrush. I found a company online called Preserve Products which uses 100% recycled #5 plastic. I can conveniently purchase these at my local Sprouts market for just a couple bucks. They have a curved handle which allow you to get behind and around the molars. Plus, the bristles are soft enough to cease damage to my gums, yet strong enough to keep my teeth feeling clean all day. I love my toothpaste and toothbrush combo! I love it even more knowing I am purchasing products from companies that have animal welfare in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment